1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ out of sync

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by jonjon, May 21, 2004.

1. jonjon

jonjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sometimes our sky+ box (not sure what it is, what ever Currys did for £199 in Jan) goes out of sync. Is this a common fault and is there a fix?
    turning of and on seems to do it, but it's a pain.

Sky+
    -video to Plasma through scart
    -Audio to B*se 3-2-1 via optical (did it analogue too)

Speach seems to come out BEFORE image! :confused:

....... are all Sky engineers w:censored:ers?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I've had the audio go out of sync on three occasions since I had SKY+ nearly three years ago so in my experience it's not a common fault.
    However other people have said they've seen it quite often, it may be down to the differences in the internal hardware of the different models or down to the actual broadcasters encoding of digital material.

It's a known problem when using a Plasma panel that due to the extra processing required to generate the image that the audio can be ahead of the picture. Modern amps now come with an audio delay feature which slows down the audio to match the inbuilt delay on some panels, it has to be said that this situation is not a given.

3. jonjon

jonjon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, we're sure that when it does happen it's ahead of the image. mmmm? but it's usually on the 'crapper' channels.
    If it keeps on doing it I'm sure my new reciever will sort it :)