Sky or Telewest?

S

Sonic Healer

Hi All!

recently got a Pio 436SXE which I'm still running in but is nevertheless fantastic :thumbsup:

Now I need to choose between Sky & Telewest. Hope this isn't the wrong place to post this question - each has their own thread and I'm looking for some impartial guidance!

So - can someone summarize the pros and cons of these two options for me? As I understand it they both carry pretty much the same HD content, or at least in future they will, or am I wrong?

t.i.a.

the Sonic Healer

bsuttie

Sonic Healer said:
So - can someone summarize the pros and cons of these two options for me? As I understand it they both carry pretty much the same HD content, or at least in future they will, or am I wrong?

t.i.a.

the Sonic Healer
At the moment Telewest have very limited content, only live channels are the BBC and ITV trials which are great but very limited. There's a certain amount of VOD material as well, but again quite limited.

So I think Sky definitely have the edge on content, especially if you watch sports, although Telewest did have more World Cup games than Sky.

I personally went for Telewest as an existing customer, but unless they improve the content soon, we'll be switching. I am concerned however at reports Sky are using lower bitrates and hence compromising PQ.

That and the different pricing structure i.e. having to pay £ 300 for the box.

regards

Brian

Mackem

Novice Member
bsuttie said:
I personally went for Telewest as an existing customer, but unless they improve the content soon, we'll be switching.
How are you going to switch? You'll have signed up for a 12 month contract.

S

Sonic Healer

Thanks for that Brian.

Actually sports aren't my thing so that doesn't bother me. Maybe I'll go for Telewest as it's cheaper and see what happens - whatever I choose things could change so much over the next couple of years!

cheers,

Sonic

Top Bottom