1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky one widescreen

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by ianyek12, Feb 2, 2003.

1. ianyek12

ianyek12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did I dream it or are sky surposed to be going anamorphic wide screen on sky one?

Hey !! I dont work for sky but if you dont have sky plus yet just get it now!! i've had it over a year and its the best piece of kit since the tv first appeared as a 7 inch screen in a 5ft box

2. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. Thor

Thor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    This topic has been discussed before. :suicide:

4. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hence the link in my thread....:smoke:

5. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky announced last week (24th Jan) that plans for widescreen Sky One and Sky News have been shelved "for the time being"

Pity - I was looking forward to it...

6. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, Sky doesn't want to go widescreen because they say that widescreen TVs aren't the majority yet. I guess us viewers with regular TVs who prefer widescreen television don't matter. :rolleyes:

7. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As said countless times in the link in my post.

Time for closure methinks.....:thumbsdow

8. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    :(

Don't they realise how hard it is for me to enjoy Buffy and Angel when half of a character is missing from the screen while they are talking? Or when 2 are talking to each other and both can hardly be seen because the camera is focused on the middle of the screen! Angel has only been on for 2 weeks and I've seen at least 5 instances of this happening :mad:

I hate Sky but have to watch it because the DVDs aren't out for at least another year and terrestrial doesn't get Angel :(

9. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Erm, both programmes are made in 33.1 - or fullscreen to you and me....Enterprise and Stragate are made in 16.9 hence being upset at watching on Sky1 - both are broadcast at a later date (without logos) on channel 4 in correct ratios. Buffy & Angel are made by Fox, who own Sky, who are never gonna broadcast in widescreen.....

10. Ian Cox

Ian Cox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, from series 4 onwards Buffy has been produced in widescreen and from series 2 for Angel as well. Don't know why Fox decided to switch to widescreen but you sure do notice it when it is broadcast on Sky.

11. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Buffy (series 4 onwards) and Angel (apart from series 1) are filmed in widescreen and the DVDs are anamorphic widescreen

12. Ian Cox

Ian Cox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    RL123, I beat you to it ;)

13. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll shut up then - but aren't the Buffy DVD's fro series 4 onwards still P&S? (or should that read POS)??

14. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    :)

You're definitely right. I watched series 5 of Buffy on DVD a while ago and about a week later, Sky showed a single episode from series 5. The difference in picture was unbelievable. There is so much missing from the Sky broadcasts

Very tempted to get Angel series 1-3 on DVD very soon. Series 1 was good; 2 was very good and 3 was incredible - guaranteed entertainment IMO :)

edit - no they are definitely not P and S. Anamorphic widescreen. You can really tell the difference as well

15. Spligsey

Spligsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +167
    Sky One..................

No!

Adzman....

(British Sex was good though)

16. Timmy B

Timmy B

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Digitalspy had a news story the over day with a quote from sky saying that their move to widescreen wont be for a very long time due to a poll revealing that only 1 in 3 people have a 16:9 set.

Is this even an issue when you can go into your digibox and make it produce a 4:3 image??!!

Also, in Angel this week, because sky don't pan and scan the 16:9, it was very hard to understand the bit where they were referring to Freds drawing which was just out of the 4:3 frame:(