Sky+ On Standby

PAUL RODGERS

Standard Member
Hi my box has gone onto standby and will not come back on , as this happened to anybody else and how can i fix it thanks:)

F

Fatwaz

try unplugging from the mains,leave it for 5 mins then plug it back in again and let it reboot before trying to turn it on

PAUL RODGERS

Standard Member
Thanks have tried and still only the red light is on :suicide:

fishingswampie

Standard Member
I had this problem the other week and they replaced my box. You can try and do a factory reset but you will lose any saved data on the box. You will need to do a search on the net to find out how to do the reset as i cant remember where i found the details. Also if you have to call them out and they say they are going to charge you for the call out tell them that you are not going to pay it otherwise you will cancel your subscription as you know loads of people who have had free callouts. It worked for me despite the person on the other end saying they could not authorise it. If this happens demand to speak to the manager or supervisor. :thumbsup:

Thanks have tried and still only the red light is on :suicide:

Thats right, the red light comes on first then the green. ;) It seems your box is trying to update and may have stuck. Power it off again, now hold backup on the box and plug the power back in. Keep the backup down and wait.......your screen should now say something regarding updating. Wait for that and it will kick the box back to power off.....leave it and it will turn back on. You may need a cup of tea or even a dog to walk as this can take a bit.

I had the same issue and forcing my box on did nothing for it, you need to let it finish what its doing and you will be fine.

Have you checked your batteries on your remote ?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom