1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky on panny 300

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bigrabbie, May 13, 2004.

1. bigrabbie

bigrabbie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys
    is there antway of improving the the qual;ity of picture from a sky digital receiver, i was watching the football and the quality was poor, but when watching dvd'd the quality is **** hot,

i'm using a AMW P80L as a dvd source and component cable, for sat it's just a gold plated ofc screened scart cable.

Would a interlacer line doubler thing help

once again your input would be appreciated

2. trampus

trampus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Although sky will claim there broadcast quality is that similar to dvd quality, sadly its so compressed ( so that they can broadcast hundreds of channels ) its just about better than vhs, except it will have huge blocky compression.....therefore its going to look extremely soft on a large projector screen....You do have to forgive them though, your dvd films are expertly transferred from the original 35mm print then expertly compressed onto the disc.........alternatively it could be your cables.....

3. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Sky quality is garbage in my opinion. It does vary between channels from just about acceptable to awful. Im afraid the bigger you get it the more the imperfections show.

Its good fun watching on a big screen though ?