1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+On Non Quad LNB?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by windfall, Dec 8, 2003.

1. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Hey all, merry Xmas

A quick question. We are moving housesoon and have cancelled sky in old house and having Sky+ installed in new house - which is round the corner. The new house is not ready for us until 19th, but could not get install date from sky any later.

So I was wondering...can I bring the Sky+ box home and plug it into my Normal sky dish?

Also - I am a bit confused about what you can do with regards to cabling. At the mo we have sky with a remote feed up to bedroom. We have a TV Link in Bedroom. Is this the same with Sky+? We only want one box, not interested in the second box, does this operation work the same way as normal sky on the Sky+?

Thanks and regards

Tone

2. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    This is guessing, but....... If you get Sky + at the new house. you could still use the box (with card, which may be your current card, however it will be dedicated to new the box) with a single input from the old dish. Obviously the full features of + wont work. I assume in the interim you could use + in full if the current dish & it has duel LNBs & you run 2 leads from dish to box, as it only has 2 inputs on the box. I dont know why they have quad LNBs except to have some spares if you use more than 1 box. As I said, only guessing.

3. ancientgeek

ancientgeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes your new box will work the same in both houses and both dishes. Except it needs two LNB feeds (one to watch, one to record), so the plus features can't be fully functional in the old house.

Are you sure you don't want a second box? You've aleady got it, Sky+ includes a quad LNB, and you can watch free channels without a Sky sub.

I believe TV link will work the same, but I've never used it.

4. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    Hi

Thanks for the feedback.

Regarding using the old digibox, I considered this last night.

2 questions regarding this, the viewing card I have is a V2 I believe its blue with the yellow house. When my subscription stops can I still use the card for Free to air? or do I need to get another card off ebay or somewhere?

Cheers

Tone

Sky+ Installation today! I hope I get a goodun!

5. ancientgeek

ancientgeek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the viewing card should still work. Whether it will eventually stop working in some way I don't know.