Sky on my PC monitor

mashamit

Standard Member
Hi,

Slightly different query to my last one.

I have got normal Sky television being transferred from the box by standard tv cabling to a TV in the bedroom using a splitter.

I want to view this on my PC monitor instead of the TV. Is there a converter from arial cable to VGA/DVI. Or a PC card that will take the signal in and allow it to be viewed on screen from windows.

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
If you mean a cable from the Sky digibox RF2 output, then you need an anlaogue PC tuner card; these certainly used to exist.

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
They come with software and there's also used to be some freeware about that supports multiple cards , chipsets and tuners.
Since the advent of digital TV, you might be pushed to find one though.
I haven't tried Googling for them and stopped using mine 5 years ago.

fernandez

Distinguished Member
Whilst you may be difficult to find an analogue only card, there appear to be plenty of analogue/DVB-T cards available

analogue tv card - Google Search

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
I would personally go for a USB stick tuner. No having to get inside the PC and easily transferrable between PC's/Laptops.

mashamit

Standard Member
I assume that all of these options will have an input socket for a standard arial input and are capable of scanning for the freq that the sky is coming via?

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
I have the Hauppage WinTV HVR 900H and it works brilliantly and seamlessly with Windows Media Centre. With the PVR capability it is just like having a Freeview PVR.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom