1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky + on dvd player

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by jelly, Jan 7, 2005.

1. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    namely a rdr gx7 if i had my sky+box on top of my dvd player would they blow up???

2. jammyb2004

jammyb2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    you mean like literally blow you away? yeh maybe if u had a good TV like a plasma or LCD.

ANYWAY.

its to do with heat dissipation. what happens when u get really hot? you get tired/lazy/not your optimum best (thats why the docs say u shouldn't wear tight undies when tryin to get the missus up the duff, you make your armies sluggish.)

so its the same deal with dvd players and sky+. you heat your dvd player up, it'll start to skip in the movie you're watching. i used to have the dvd player on top of my amp, about 3/4's of the way through the movie it'd start to skip. you eject the disc and almost burn the skin off ur fingers. turn the amp off, film works fine all way through, if you heat your sky+ box up its goin to start forgetting to record stuff coz its too tired to remember (nah, seriously, the picture will go blocky in regards to fast movement, it won't compensate and update itself as quick) and in worse cases, totally **** your HDD up inside the box. meaning you'll be paying £60 call out for the advice i'm about to give u.

so my advice? don't have them stacked on top of each other. if u have to, make some thicker feet, y'know a coupla inches of gap between the bottom of the sky+ box and the top of the dvd player and you'll be forgetting you ever started this thread.

ok? but in a perfect world, they're not even stacked at all.

hth,

jammy

3. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    ok then what about a speakeron the dvd or sky + as i have 2 shelves under my tv???sky on top dvd underneath ???? the speaker is a mission fs1 doesnt weigh much got rubber feet too?? what u think?

4. jammyb2004

jammyb2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    the speaker you're on about? a CENTRE one?

that'll be fine wherever you put it. but i recommend u put it on top of the TV for best sound stage.

if u've got two shelves. use 'em both! or make thick feet like i said.

jammy

5. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I wouldn't want to place my Sky+ box (which contains a hard drive) near a source of magnetism unless I was sure it was adequately shielded.