• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky On Demand - Anyone Seeing this Problem

nheather

Distinguished Member
Yesterday and still this morning I am seeing this problem on both my Sky Boxes.

If I use the search field at the TV Guide top level or the 'Blue Button' search within the TV Guide to look for programmes, it is only showing episodes that are being shown in the future.

This is my normal method for finding and downloading programmes that I missed and forgot to set up in the planner to record. Until yesterday it shows all available 'on-demand' material for the selected programme.

It is not showing episodes that can be downloaded for any programme.

My internet connection is fine, and the box is showing the network 'on-demand' connection as 'OK'.

It just seems to be the search function that is not working properly - if I go through the more laborious method of using the Catch-Up or Box-Sets menu then content shows up. Likewise if I use the Sky Go app on my iPad then I can search for on-demand material without problem.

It is just the search option in the TV Guide that is not working.

For example Poldark - missed Episode 3 that aired on Sunday. If I search in TV Guide it just shows Episode 4 for next Sunday. If I go through Catch Up TV I can find it and watch it. If I look on the Sky Go app and search it finds all four episodes - episode 4 scheduled for next Sunday and episodes 1-3 on demand.

Originally, I thought it was just Poldark as that sometimes happens with BBC programmes but looking further it seems that there in NO on-demand accessible for the TV Guide search.

Cheers,

Nigel

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom