SKY on computer

atcotwo1

Standard Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been covered.

First question - I would like to view the free SKY channels through my computer, which has a digital TV card already loaded. Can I run an aerial cable from my current SKY dish into my computer, bearing in mind that I'm currently using my SKY dish for my SKY box on my main TV - ie can I use the dish for two separate appliances? If so, I take it I would only receive the free SKY channels? Could I get a FREESAT box and use the SKY dish for that at the same time as using the dish for my main SKY TV?

Second question - in order not to have too many cables in the room, is there a way of connecting my computer from my terrestrial aerial socket in another room via a wireless connection?

Welcome to AVF, and you're OK with the questions.
If your Sky dish antenna has a LNB with two connections then you can use one for either the computer or a Freesat receiver, or, if there are more than two, for both.

Check which type of TV card is fitted.

DVB-T is for terrestrial digital TV (Freeview)
DVB-S is for satellite (which includes Sky but not subscription channels)

Second question "Is there a way of connecting my computer from my terrestrial aerial socket in another room via a wireless connection?"
The answer is no - you cannot legally transmit broadcast (aerial) signals.

Which makes me think, as you mention connecting an aerial to your PC, that the tuner card is DVB-T (terrestrial/Freeview) and not satellite (DVB-S)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom