Sky+ on a single dish?

B

beaner

Is it possible to run Sky+ from a single dish? What functionality would I lose?

I live in a flat with a communal dish and no way to instal a second one.

Hi Beaner,

Sky can convert a single dish, its the same dish only has 2 feeds instead of 1 for sky +. I guess they would just run a second feed from the dish, if your dish has the capacity left (think its upto 8 or 16 feeds from 1 dish with booster/splitter).

sky+ needs 2 feeds from the dish as its a dual receiver box (hence u can record two programs at same time)......

if thats useful at all....lol

If you only have 1 feed, you will not be able to record more than one programme at once, or record one programme whilst watching another. You may, at times, have to set up "dummy" recordings to ensure that your box always uses the LNB1 input for recording. If you look back through the archives you will find more on this subject.

Thanks for that guys.

In fact, I do have a second feed coming into the flat - the problem is that it's in a bedroom some distance from the existing Sky box.

Running a cable is not really an option (wife = :nono: ), so could I get one of those internal wireless TV signal transmitters and plug that into the second input?

Would that work?

Thanks

Anyone tried one of those internal transmitters/receivers for their Sky signal? Do they work? Would they work for this scenario?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom