1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ On A Pwd6

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by blu-tac man, Oct 5, 2004.

1. blu-tac man

blu-tac man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Having had a good read of these forums, I'm about to flash the cash and buy a PWD6, Pio DV-575 DVD player, Sony STR-DB795 receiver and Mordant Short Premier Plus speakers.

Most of my family's viewing is Sky+, and I'll connect this to the PWD6 via a JS RGB to VGA converter. But what's the best way to get the Sky sound to the amp?

I'm going to specify the component board on the PWD6, and will connect the Pio to it by component to benefit from the prog scan, but again, what's the best way to connect the Pio to the amp for full surround sound?

Finally, is it worth spending a couple of hundred extra squid and going for the PW7 over the PWD6?

All thoughts gratefully received.

blu-tac :)

2. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Connect the DVD player + Skt+ boxes via digital links...optical in the case of Sky+ as it's all it has.
    This way, you'll benefit from Dolby Digital 5.1 sound on 3 of the movie channels.
    Remember to set your Sky+ box to Dolby D in the sound settings menu though, or all your get is stereo.

3. TonyPrince

TonyPrince

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excuse my ignorance but don't you also have to use a normal phono interconnect in order to get stereo form sky to amp on non 5.1 channels.

4. jimg

jimg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    No, I just have a TOSlink to my amp and it works fine for all 5.1 and alll other formats.