Sky on a Philips TV

M

MURFER

I have a Phillips 32pw6826 & have it connected up to my Sky box through the EXT1 (RGB) scart socket.

I had a run of the mill scart cable & thought this was why the picture was so bad so went & got an Ixos 126-75AV scart cable that did improve the picture quality but I’m still not happy.

The main problem seems to be that if im watching a footi match & they have a box in the top corner with the score in, the right hand side of the box is leaning to one side & not straight.

If I’m just watching BBC1 - 4 through my aerial then the picture is 10 times better.

Any ideas????

rct

Novice Member
It sounds like you have geometry problems which only show up clearly when you watch something in 16:9 ratio.
It's probably a good idea to get an engineer to have a look at the TV. If however, the bend is less than 5mm, then he will probably say it is "within tolerance" and won't do anything!

If you are feeling confident, a visit to the service menu should improve things somewhat. Do a search on the forum for "Philips Service Menu". Remember to write down all the original settings first!

Good luck ;)

M

MURFER

I have an engineer coming out to see me tomorrow.

So Ill let you know what I get flogged off with.

Fingers crossed that he might be able to solve my problems but Im not holding my breath!!!

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom