Sky+ on 2 TV's?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by matt80, Oct 4, 2005.

1. matt80

matt80
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,
    I've just ordered Sky+ and its being installed in a couple of weeks time. How can I watch Sky+ in different rooms? I'm not interested in watching different TV channels at once (is this possible without multiroom??), but I'd like to be able to watch Sky channels in the lounge and in bed :)

Matt

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    SKY+ only allows a single channel/program to be viewed at any one time so multiroom is the only way to offer true two room viewing.

As for SKY+ distribution.....
    TVlink, fixed cable between the SKY+ and the second telly, cheap even with a second remote control but only mono audio.
    Wireless videosender, under £100 and no cables and stereo audio.

Both systems allow you to control the SKY+ from another room, if that isn't important then a simple coaxial cable from RF1/RF2 to the second TV will get you the SKY+ output on a different telly:)

3. Scapegoat

Scapegoat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Interesting.

With the wired cable version, you can install boosters and split the output to more than one room. This is key for me.

However can I do this with the wireless sender as well? If so I might not do the wiring job I was going to.

4. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    There are posts on here about wireless senders, they're not marvelous, but no wires. I have a link that works fine, & a wireless sender to my pc. Im not sure if it's the distance between sender / receiver or proximity to other electric stuff, but I get interference & wouldn't want to use it as a full time Tv link.

5. john.-h123

john.-h123
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    when the rf lead leaves the sky box to the tv, run it to a booster/splitter input then run 1 output to each tv, simple . been using it for years the only problem is that the sky box controls all rooms and you might have to go to relevent room to chane channels.. booster about 25 quid at argos and rf cable 15 quid for 100 mtrs.cheap n easy to do.

6. Robert Hill

Robert Hill
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have quite a bit of experience with wireless senders. Originally I used the digisender from Argos, but found it lacking in power, so switched to the Philips from Currys. Far superior, I think, but as I am also using a wireless adsl router also, conflicts seem to occur.... the ability to change channels on sky plus in another room which worked fine one evening, mysteriously disappears the next morning. I think, or rather suspect that the wireless router has hogged that channel instead, temporarily! I know that you can change the channels via the switch at the rear of tv senders, but it still occurs.
    So, as I am writing this via a laptop wirelessly, tomorrow perhapsthe router will have stopped me changing channels on the tv via the tv sender. Or perhaps not.... You never know! But when it works, most of the time, it's brilliant, and I'd certainly not return to having cables all over the show! But I'd also mention that kids and dogs etc also disrupt video signals!!

7. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Im sure Wifi, digisenders, Dect phones, wireless keyboard etc etc (all of which I use) are all on different frequencies. I don't know what causes my interference, or how 'contained' to their allotted frequencies the wireless bits are. Jiggling the digisenders' aerial improves things, but doesn't eradicate it. Changing the digisender chanel, little or no effect. Back to the original post, for me a wired solution is best, unless you really can't run wires.

8. heartstopper22

heartstopper22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive been trying to watch sky in my room by using the rf out/2 port running coaxial and plugging it into the back of my tv in the bedroom but it doesnae work does anyone think if i run the cable of the sky plus box into a 2 way splitter on the (in) port and run the cable from one of the outs and into the bedroom tv it might work?

9. STOWITBELOW

STOWITBELOW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Sorry heartstopper22 I don't understand your question (it must be the accent :D ) Is the output switched on in the services menu? You don't need a link for the picture, just to change channel, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

10. geof

geof

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm tryin to use 2 tvs off sky box too. i've got the coax linked up an the picture works but no sound. really pissin me off! can any1 help?