Sky+ Not recording the end of boxing!!

afscott

Standard Member
Reaction score
Twice in the last few weeks I have set the SKY+ to record boxing but both times the recording has stopped prior to the end of the fight. Last night it stopped recording about 1 minute into the last round of the Calzaghe fight! I guess this was due to the programme over running! We have only ever seen this problem on boxing, much to the annoyance of my son who is the fan.

I have since changed the SKY+ settings the record time at the end of the programme from 'Auto' to the maximum of +10 minutes.

Have I done the right thing?

yes this really bugged me as well, i was lucky and cough the end of the last round in the mornin, i record pocoyo for my little nephew and it miss's the end of every one but i didnt know you could change the time ill have a look at that later

cheers lee

ITV very rarely make use of the SKY+ facility to update the program info in realtime which allows them to add further padding and keep the SKY+ recording.

Live events are usually best left to the manual record option.

It stopped recording the boxing in the 12th round, That really ****** me off. SKY is really starting to get on my ****.

beolab said:
It stopped recording the boxing in the 12th round, That really ****** me off. SKY is really starting to get on my ****.

Nothing to do with SKY.

ITV control their own EPG and if they do not publish accurate listings or take the time and trouble to update them when a program is over running then they are to blame. My dad recording the boxing via Freeview and that cut out in the middle of the 11th round, the extra time SKY+ users got was perhaps down to the 2 minute auto padding.

ITV are terrible for sticking to schedules of late evening programming . Badiel & Skinner unplanned and Pulling Power often started upto 15 minutes late , during their runs . Thats 2 night a week , i doubt the others are any better
I have sky set to 5 mins padding at the end of every programme . As Starburst says nowt to do with SKY

John

Starburst said:
ITV very rarely make use of the SKY+ facility to update the program info in realtime which allows them to add further padding and keep the SKY+ recording.

Live events are usually best left to the manual record option.

manual record? huh what do you mean, do you mean setting the video like the old days? That wouldnt help me as Im always watching/ recording something on the other side!

zico martin said:
manual record? huh what do you mean, do you mean setting the video like the old days? That wouldnt help me as Im always watching/ recording something on the other side!

Under Services iirc . You set it just like an old pre-video+ vcr .
You can still watch/record another channel/recording

John

zico martin said:

The SKY+ has a manual recording option so you can enter the start/stop times yourself bypassing the EPG. That way you can bracket the live event with as much padding as you want, barring that just select the program or two on the EPG that follows the live event.
This still allows you to record or watch a second channel using SKY+.

Thanks for all your help on this. I like both the ideas of using manual record and the suggestion to set it to additionally record the following programme.

Thanks again

yeah thanks guys, you learn something new every day!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom