1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ Non subsidised installation

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Johnnyg37, Jul 7, 2004.

1. Johnnyg37

Johnnyg37

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If I pay a private contractor to install Sky+ (ie a non -subsidised job), am I still obliged to pay £10 a month to use it if I only subscribe to the family pack?

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,096
    If you remain on the family pack and do not pay the £10 charge the Sky+ Box will not record.

3. delessex

delessex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You'd be better off taking the film or sports pack as you WILL be charged £10 per month if you want the record function activated with the family pack. That comes to £29.50, it would only be a couple of quid more to have a premium pack. One other thing, if you have an non-subsidised box you don't have to connect to the phone line.

4. Emm

Emm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Please excuse my ignorance here, but is purchasing a Sky+ box (at the £199 price) from an 'independant' classed as 'non-subsidised' (ie no 'phone connection required)? :confused:

5. Tesla

Tesla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I'm pretty sure you are still tied into a contract with sky to have your box connected to the phoneline for 12months upon agreeing on a new contract regardless of who installs the equipment.

6. sinbrad

sinbrad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

If you purchase your box from anyone other than SKY and have it installed by a local installer then you willl not have to connect your box to the phoneline. You only have to do this if you purchase and have your box installed through SKY which gives you the SKY (supposed) discount. I bought a SKY+ box from ebay for 139.99 and installed it myself. All SKY need to know is the specs of your box in order for them to match the box to the card.