Sky+ No Signal (transoprt stream changing)

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Gixer750, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Gixer750

Gixer750

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder if anyone can shed some light on this problem for me.
    I have had Sky+ now for about 14minths, and have not had any problems. The problems started just after the Dual Record update. (maybe a coincidence).

I keep getting a "No Signal" message.
    I have tried re-aligning the dish using a signal meter and instruction found on this forum.

When I first connect the power supply to the Sky+ box and let it do its startup things I check the signal strength/Quality meters both are around the 60-70% mark with Network ID: 0002 and Transport Stream: 07d4. I can watch various channels.
    Every so often I get the "No Signal" Message again and when checking the signal test I get:
    Network ID: 0000
    Transport Stream :0000
    No Lock.

Another strange thing is that sometimes after getting a good signal/quality. If I change channels the Transport Stream changes to something like 02ee..
    e.g
    Sjy Welcome = 07d4
    SkyOne = 02ee
    Living = 02cc
    or something like that anyway.

Can anyone help and maybe point me in the right direction to fixing this.

Thanks
    Kevin.

2. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got regular old Sky and I've been having these problems on and off since the dual record update. (as mentioned in another thread) I thought I was out of the woods for a while, but my box has been "no signal"ing for the last 3 days. Incredibly frustrating.

I find that resetting the box (unplugging at the mains) helps for a while, although I'm not sure if that works with Sky+. Another thing which inexplicably works, is tuning into a channel that's been added through the "add channels" menu. TCM was always my go-to channel, because I could always get a signal with the added version of TCM, and this usually kickstarted my box into receiving a signal again. Very weird.

3. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Gixer750

Gixer750

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't reported the problems to Pace since I thought it might be a dish alignment thing.

I have re aligned the dish and managed to get a fairly strong signal/quality level. 55-70%. Note I used a signal meter had the Sky+ box on channel 988 and used the Signal Meters to get the highest values possible.

The "No-Signal" Dropout seems very strange. for example my family had just finished watching smallville on E4 then turned the channel over to SkyOne and bang "No Signal" Message...
    F@*KI@* H*@L.

Can someone explain the transport stream details to me. Am I locking to a different satelite?

I have checked my mates Sky box (not Sky+ old Amstrad box), and is is contantly locked to 0002 - 07d4 on EVERY Channel. My Sky+ seems to be changing these values. Can someone explain if this is correct or what could be the problem.

It's no longer under warrantee so no calls to SKY...

Here hoping the box stays working tonight, my family will kill me if they miss all the new series that are stating tonight.