Sky + no signal at all...help

Mr Grumpy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Hope you all had a great Xmas and New Year's Eve.
Mine was going well until I got back home from my break to find the Sky is kaput.
Apparently there were gale force winds and heavy rain last night and I no longer have a watchable Sky (+) box.
Now I have checked all the obvious things and figured that maybe the dish has moved out of alignment or I guess it could be a LNB problem, but there my 'expertise' ends...
It just refuses to find a signal and as a result I can't even start wading through all of the recorded progs from over the Xmas period...grrrrr.

Please help, there's no way we can cope without our beloved Plus.

:confused: :(

I'm getting the same problem, and am in Glasgow too. To add to my woes, we're on a communal dish, so Sky are refusing to do anything about it. if we want an engineer to come out its going to be £65, but if its a problem with the dish alignment we need to track down the initial installer and get them to look at it at our own cost. unbelievable.

either way, looks like I'm not going to get to watch any of the new year football now :(

You just have to "bite the bullet" and get the dish realigned.

Yes, it seems to be quite a black art this dish alignment malarkey.
I looked at the dish and it can only possibly have moved from left to right (though even this feels quite tight) but no amount of tweaking then coming back down the ladder to look at the 'signal test' page seems to have made the slightest bit of difference.
I am just worried that if I get someone out they'll say it is something else wrong ...
Would you say it is best to get on to Sky or go to an independent (I suspect I know the answer but thought I'd ask anyway ;) )

:rolleyes:

having the exact same problem in glasgow on my sky+ and multiroom standard box. dish doesn't look like its moved and lnb is still there with all cables looking ok. the signal test has bit of a signal but no signal quality at all.
unfortunately i can't get to the dish as it is too high and i don't have ladders. tried to call sky yesterday but couldn't get through.

if anyone can advise if best to persevere with getting through to sky or just to try and get an independent installer to come out and have a look.
i assume sky try to charge but i may threaten them with cancellation if they don't get it sorted.
really could do without any expense to get this sorted.:(

I would buy a new LNB. You might get one cheap on the forums.

I had freesat installed and it didn't work. Three times Sky men came to the house and they ended up telling me it was the freesat box.

Took the box to the brothers house and it worked.

Bought a quad LNB on the forums and everything was fine.

Got a refund from Sky and got to keep the gear.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom