SKY+ No RF Feed problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by reckless, Aug 5, 2006.

1. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Hello. I asked this question a few months back but had no response. The situation now appears worse and so I thought I'd try my luck again.

I have sky+ and have sent an RF feed to a room upstairs so my daughter can watch it there. I tried to use a sender but kept on getting too much interference from somewhere. I kept the sender simply to use for her to change the channels - it was good enough for that.

For some reason that I can't explain, the RF stops being output by the SKY + box intermittently. It appeared that simply wandering into the setup menu caused it to start back up again although I never actually changed anything. This has been my solution for months.

However, I now have the new update and I appear to have lost the RF feed totally now. I did wonder about the setting that "powered" up the feed for use by the magic eye but I can't seem to find that in the new update.

Does anyone know if that setting is still available? alternatively, can anyone suggest anything that might help in getting the RF working again?

Thanks for any comments.

2. SamRadford

SamRadford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    You don't need the 9 volts unless the RF2 output is powering a magic eye or an amplifier. If you DO need the 9 volt feed and have it switched ON, then your problem is almost certainly caused by an intermittent short-circuit in one of the RF connections. Check that the IEC plugs are still firmly soldered to the coaxial cable and that the IEC plugs are secure in the sockets.

In particular, ensure that no copper strand from the screening "braid" can touch the inner core of the coaxial cable inside a plug.

If you are using a commercial "fly lead", throw it away and make your own from the proper double-screened cable.

The menu you want is [sky] [services] 401 [select] --> RF Outlets