sky news (do i need a card)

leitchyleck

Established Member
Reaction score
i thought sky news in sd did not need a card?

if not it may be my set up has changed:

previously, i had main box (samsung 500gb with entertainment pack) in lounge and 2nd hd box (amstrad 1GB with no sub) in bedroom, all was fine and i use to swap card at night and get sky news hd in bedroom but lately the entertainment pack was not in hd so i guess sky caught up with me!

as the main box would not get new epg till later in year i decided to swap boxes (amstrad is slimmer with bigger hd) sky paired card with no problem and both are working apart from i can't get sky news at all in bedroom? when i enter 501 it asks for card?

i have tried new install, rebuild and sys reset but still the same :confused:

so how can i get sky news sd on a box with no card?

What does the EPG describe 501 as? What do you get on 517?

thx dave, silly me, 517 does indeed have sky news in sd, i assumed 501 would revert to sd if no card was present :suicide:

thx dave, silly me, 517 does indeed have sky news in sd, i assumed 501 would revert to sd if no card was present :suicide:

Until a recent update it would revert if rebooted. But since a recent software upgrade the box will remember the regions and HD sub status from the last card used in it and will not revert even on a full system reset and a new installation with a card with different settings on it is needed to change the settings.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom