• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sky news (do i need a card)

leitchyleck

Established Member
i thought sky news in sd did not need a card?

if not it may be my set up has changed:

previously, i had main box (samsung 500gb with entertainment pack) in lounge and 2nd hd box (amstrad 1GB with no sub) in bedroom, all was fine and i use to swap card at night and get sky news hd in bedroom but lately the entertainment pack was not in hd so i guess sky caught up with me!

as the main box would not get new epg till later in year i decided to swap boxes (amstrad is slimmer with bigger hd) sky paired card with no problem and both are working apart from i can't get sky news at all in bedroom? when i enter 501 it asks for card?

i have tried new install, rebuild and sys reset but still the same :confused:

so how can i get sky news sd on a box with no card?

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
What does the EPG describe 501 as? What do you get on 517?

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
thx dave, silly me, 517 does indeed have sky news in sd, i assumed 501 would revert to sd if no card was present :suicide:

Until a recent update it would revert if rebooted. But since a recent software upgrade the box will remember the regions and HD sub status from the last card used in it and will not revert even on a full system reset and a new installation with a card with different settings on it is needed to change the settings.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom