Sky new router issues

blu disc

Hi

I have sky q and broadband. My download is apparently 75m but I normally see 54. I had problems with buffering and the PS4 lagging when my son was playing on line. When I tested the connection I was getting about 6meg. Sky broadband support said the issue was the router which is the one that looks like a sky q mini box. They sent me the new router the large one that stands upright. I now have an issue where the PS4 will occasionally stop connecting to the router even though its a wired connection. Also when I try it on WIFi it will not connect. This will affect my ring security base station and my second PS4 and Xbox 1 in my bedroom. It will not affect my computers, phones and iPads and the sky q and mini boxes work fine. My sky go is also ok for my computer. Sky are not certain what the problem is, do I ditch it and get the Virgin media hub which I can get 500meg at my address and this takes away the problem of telephone line, exchange and router in one go.

blu disc

Sky contacted me by text to tell me they will send an older style router because that's better with PS4 compatibility.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom