Quantcast

Sky, Netflix & VPN

Bryce Curdy

Standard Member
I have Sky's Ultimate On Demand package allowing me access to UK Netflix. I'm trying out ExpressVPN with a view to being able to access material from other countries' Netflix. I was hoping that Sky Q would remain with UK Netflix but Apple TV and Smart TVs would see a USA server and allow me to access USA Netflix. It appears that my PC thinks I'm in the USA but Sky Q (as I hoped) and Apple TV and Smart TVs (both of which I hoped would allow me to access USA Netflix) know I'm still in the UK despite VPN. Any comments or suggestions. Will post in Sky forum too and hope that doesn't break any forum rules.

mitch

Distinguished Member
VPN won’t work on Apple tv mate. You could get a fire stick and do it that way or use a DNS service such as DNS4me on the ATV.

mitch

Distinguished Member
You’ll need to download the app of your VPN onto the fire and just choose a us server

ManfrinA

Novice Member
VPN won’t work on Apple tv mate. You could get a fire stick and do it that way or use a DNS service such as DNS4me on the ATV.
Correct, some VPNs don't work on Apple TV, but I was looking for one that would work, and one of the options I found was Surfshark. I use it on almost all my apple devices, and I'm quite happy with their services. If you're not sure about which devices it works with, you can always check those online (Apple TV, for example, Get Surfshark Apple TV VPN), but I'm pretty sure you can find a list of devices for other VPN providers as well on their websites.

HabBen

Standard Member
You need to configure it on your router if you want to use vpn with devices that don't allow directly onto them. I am doing this with my ps4, roku & firestick. However, I do get dns error on ps4 when I use hulu app so for hulu esp I am using it on pc. Otherwise it would detect that I am using VPN with hulu.

You’ll need to download the app of your VPN onto the fire and just choose a us server
On FireTV devices I've had luck with StreamLocator VPN for stuff like netflix, hulu and BBC. Should just be on the store with a week (?) free trial if I recall correctly.

You need to configure it on your router if you want to use vpn with devices that don't allow directly onto them. I am doing this with my ps4, roku & firestick. However, I do get dns error on ps4 when I use hulu app so for hulu esp I am using it on pc. Otherwise it would detect that I am using VPN with hulu.
Apparently StreamLocator makes routers now? only in Canada though

HabBen

Standard Member
On FireTV devices I've had luck with StreamLocator VPN for stuff like netflix, hulu and BBC. Should just be on the store with a week (?) free trial if I recall correctly.

Apparently StreamLocator makes routers now? only in Canada though

Hi! Never used streamlocator's router

Top Bottom