Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sky+/Naim Remote Conflicts

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Marcus Wood, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Marcus Wood

Marcus Wood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have just got a Sky+ box, and I use a Naim NAC92r amplifier for watching TV (and everything else). But I've found that the Sky+ remote can alter controls on the Naim amplifier.

If I press the pause button twice quickly (which I do sometimes to locate a particular frame for bookmarking), the balance knob on the amp moves to the left slightly. And if I press the backup button soon after pressing another button (like select), while the red led on the box is still on, then the Naim switches to input 5.

But if you press backup when the red led isn't on, it doesn't affect the amp.

Does anyone know a way to get round the balance thing, apart from getting Naim to doctor the amp? I guess the input 5 issue could be got around by using input 5 for watching TV.