SKY MultiRoom

mattyn

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all again
I already have multi room - Sky + in my boys bedroom with HD downstairs, but just about to buy another TV for our room. I have another Sky + box.
Two questions - if i ordered another Multi room package from Sky would they add a bigger LNB (as mine has four outputs), and would this cost me?
Could I do this myself with one ordered from Ebay - seen an Octo LNB for £17.00
Would it be easier to do the magic eye thing from the boys room as they are only here weekends and they tend to use it at different times to when we would want to.

Hope this all makes sense

Matt

Hi all again
I already have multi room - Sky + in my boys bedroom with HD downstairs, but just about to buy another TV for our room. I have another Sky + box.
Two questions - if i ordered another Multi room package from Sky would they add a bigger LNB (as mine has four outputs), and would this cost me?
Could I do this myself with one ordered from Ebay - seen an Octo LNB for £17.00
Would it be easier to do the magic eye thing from the boys room as they are only here weekends and they tend to use it at different times to when we would want to.

Hope this all makes sense

Matt

Yes, they'd change the LNB as part of the work

You could do it yourself, provided you can identify the specific dish and match it to the LNB you buy. Although sky dishes all look the same there are differences over the years which affect the angles and LNB fixings

But you touch on the main question. Do you really need to spend any more on multiroom? You already have the ability to watch two separate sky channels at the same time and the ability to feed a second set via RF2 outlet from each box. That gives 4 tv outlets and the boy's room only used weekends.

You don't really need to pay any more to sky. Or to alter the LNB come to that:smashin:

You could do it yourself, provided you can identify the specific dish and match it to the LNB you buy. Although sky dishes all look the same there are differences over the years which affect the angles and LNB fixings

Well the LNB i have spied on Ebay has an adapter kit to fit all Sky + dishes!!

Yes you are right - the questio is can and how and what is the best way to do it for free. HD is not necessary in the bedrooms!!

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically run a co-ax cable from one of the boxes to one remote tv, and another from the second box to the other remote tv. Work out which sets need to be able to watch different programmes at the same time. For example, it's likely that you will not need to watch different programmes on the main set and in your bedroom at the same time. (Unless your wife goes to bed to watch the football while you stay downstairs with the movie:devil:)

I can recommend the e-book described, which can be downloaded, and contains all the info you'll need

http://www.satcure.co.uk/piping_tv.htm

Thank you 961 - is that your book?

Matt

Thank you 961 - is that your book?

Matt

No, afraid not

Was written by a tv engineer who set up the sat cure web site which basically sells tv/satellite parts and equipment

I think he wrote the books because he found rather too much of his time was devoted to giving (free) technical advice rather than selling the bits and pieces

He occasionally contributes to this forum

Last edited:
If it had been his book he wouldn't have been able to link to it here!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom