Sky Multiroom - want to upgrade to Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by eas4uk, Jul 9, 2005.

1. eas4uk

eas4uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I share a flat with family at the moment and we have full package with multiroom - £61 per month (one main box @ £41pm then 2 x multirooms @ £10pm each) ( 3 standard digiboxes btw)

Me and my bro are moving out shortly and Sky is in my name - account will come with me to new flat but we both want Sky+

Looking at the Sky website I get the impression that all we need to do is buy 2 Sky+ boxes (one each) use the exisiting quad LNB and cancel one of the multirooms - then because we subscribe to the Sky World package we should get both of the Sky+ subscriptions free - meaning a monthly cost of £51 per month

Is this right or have I missed something?

Thx for any replies in advance

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    If you sign up under your brothers name and bank details you will get the full benefit of the new subscriber prices without the hassle of talking to CS in an attempt to be treated on an equaling footing for being an existing subscriber.

That aside using the multiroom with the package you are on will mean the second SKY+ subscription will also be free so yep £51 at the current prices rising to £52.50 from September.

3. eas4uk

eas4uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    thx for the reply

one slight problem with that - we paid for the premier plus package for next season about a month ago (£50) I take it this will not be refunded if we cancel under my name?

Saying that - under new subscriber prices - we will get first 3 months subs at half price and a further £10 off each sky + box if ive read it right meaning we would save approx £81.50 less the £50.00 which we have already layed out for the premiership plus package means we would still save approx £31.50 doing what you've said...

Does that sound about right?

Whilst Im on the subject - are there any boxes I should request when doing the order - or any specific boxes I should avoid?

thx again for the replies peeps - haven't visited the forums here for a while - wow its changed a lot! Still a great resource for info tho :smashin:

4. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +383
    Pace V2's are the best, I'm sure you usually get new versions when you order, not the old ones.

5. eas4uk

eas4uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    bump

6. eas4uk

eas4uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: