• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky multiroom split over two properties following move.

Ailegs

My brother has just moved out of my mums 3 miles down the road but had not informed Sky. He had multiroom at mums and at his new property there was a dish and cabling but no telephone. We hook it up out of curiosity and he still has the all the channels as does my mum.:confused:

He was going to cancell altogether, he and mum would have just used a freeview box. How long is it likely that they can use the boxes in this way?

Starburst

Distinguished Member
It depends upon when SKY check the boxes and the phone connection put to use, they may get away with it for months or get a warning letter on monday, it's that variable.

Ailegs

Thanks Starburst, he begrudges paying them anything but his missus is all for keeping it. If they send him a letter, I am sure that will be his excuse to cancell.

fernandez

Distinguished Member
From the Sky Terms and Conditions which he should be aware of

http://packages.sky.com/see/EquipmentMultiroom.aspx

"Sky Multiroom: £10 a month. Sky Multiroom provides the same Sky TV channels as your main Sky TV subscription on a box in another room. You must subscribe to Sky TV throughout . Boxes that receive your first and Multiroom subscription(s) must all be connected to the same fixed telephone line at all times. An extra box is required for each Multiroom subscription."

It's only a matter of time, otherwise we could all do it

UnGreat

Eventually they will ring to say the second box isn't connected to the line.

At least that is what happened when the phone cable went faulty on mine. You could always claim that the multiroom box went faulty and died and that you boxed it up and chucked it but forgot to amend your account (to remove multiroom) if they ever contact you.

I am not recommending this course of action though.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom