Sky Multiroom questions

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Kizz, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Kizz

Kizz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi im new to these forums and i have a couple of questions to ask about sky multiroom

well currently we have sky downstairs and a tv link going up stairs so you can change the channel. i've been thinking of getting sky multiroom, it will stop many arguments in the house.
    i went to our local tv shop and was told it would cost £300 to install multiroom, that included a new sky+ box for downstairs, and i told the bloke to get stuffed basically. i've now seen ads on sky showing an offer on multiroom and i may go for that.

first question, could i get another sky box and replace the tvlink upstairs and then subscribe to multiroom or would this not work?
    also do i need the new sky box upstairs connected to a phone line?
    we used to have the one downstairs connected but now as we have had sky over the 12month period they tell you to have it connected, we disconnected it

thanks for you help

kizz

2. DJT75

DJT75
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,522
    You would need the 2nd box upstairs linked to the sat dish & unless you've already got Sky+ that would mean having a new quad LND fitted to the dish. Best thing to do would be to upgrade to Sky+ for £49 & take multiroom for £10 a month (or just the multiroom)..

You would be entering a new contract & would therefore need to connect all boxes to the same phone line - otherwise, in theory, your neighbour could have your full sub for just £10 a month...They like to keep tabs on where their boxes are...