• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky+ Multiroom - Cheapest Way

Rrk3001

Standard Member
Hello Folks :hiya:

I Have Sky + in the lounge.
(Also have BT Broadband @£20 pm - with BT vision in the bedroom)

Was thinking to change to Sky BB for £0.00 pm and getting Sky+ Multiroom instead for £10.
Theoretically making a saving.

The nice folks at Sky want £180 for a 2nd Sky+ box installed. Plus theres a £75 activation fee for the Sky BB

I also tried asking to upgrade the Sky+ to Sky HD for £75 (without the HD subs) but they wanted £399 without subs !

Is there any cheaper way of doing this please ?
:rolleyes:

Broadz

Distinguished Member
Cheaper than £399 (for HD without subs)?

Yes - buy a HD box for £75, subscribe to the HD mix for 12 months, cancel the HD mix. You've paid £195, and had high def telly for a year thrown in, which you wouldn't have got if you'd bought it elsewhere and not taken out a Sky HD subscription.

You can buy Sky+ boxes on ebay from £30 up to about £80. But you'll still have to sort out the cabling from dish to wherever you're going to site the second box yourself.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
The Sky+ HD is not subsidised for the £399 price - to get it cheaper then you will need to pay the £10 per month HD mix price and get the HD box for £75 + installation ( i.e £195 + installation). Do you really expect to get a highly subsidised price for no extra subscription?

Rrk3001

Standard Member
Thanks the replies.

Of course its obvious to get the HD for 12 months, and that works out cheaper. i do get that.

However Believe it or not, I introduced a friend to Sky, who DID get a HD box without subs but that cost him £100.

Anycase what I was looking for was the cheapest way to get Sky+ in multiroom, pref from Sky.

Any advice on this would still be appreciated. tks

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
So, I take it we can ignore your original query about broadband?

Rrk3001

Standard Member
Thanks all your replies. I seem to have found one solution. Currently I am paying £20 to Sky and £20 to BT for the BB. Online I can upgrade to Sky HD for £75 installed, and the Sky+ box moved as multiroom. This means that I have to pay £20 extra for multiroom and HD subs. With this the Sky BB activation is thrown in. So it really means that for 1 year I continue paying the extra £20 (which I was trying to save). But I get Multiroom and HD thrown in. Its a good deal - no doubt, and though I would be surprised to find cheaper, cost curtting is the idea here. (My original idea was to get rid of BT, get Sky BB and a freeview PVR for the bedroom - but this was costing £200 one off, and an ongoing saving of £20pm). This way I have one off cost of £75, and £10pm saving after 1 year. :clap::thumbsup::)

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
Be warned - once you have HD you will never go back.............

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom