1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY+ Multiroom arrangements

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by markyboy, Jan 17, 2005.

1. markyboy

markyboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am on the verge of getting SKY+ and possibly multiroom, and want to know how multiroom works (I know you can view sky in other rooms using my existing SKY box). Will I get the SAME level of subscription i am on at the moment (£41 a month) for BOTH boxes, and will I be able to view DIFFERENT channels on each box ?? My 4 year old watches the cartoons but I want to be able to watch the footie on a Sunday afternoon on a different telly using the older SKY box once it has been relocated. Will SKY install additional SKY co-ax cable for the relocated older box ?? - (though I have pre installed a"tv" aerial point where I want the relocated box to go to linked to where I want the SKY+ box to go to, so can this be used instead??) I was on the understanding that as SKY + has TWO receivers, then I would need 2 co-ax cables to the new SKY+ box, but what about the relocated box ?? - will I end up with THREE cables from the dish (2 to SKY+ and 1 to relocated box) or will I need a cable out of the SKY+ box round to the relocated box ??

If I CAN watch different channels on each telly, then given the different price of having multimroom (£149 box and free fitting and £10 subs each month for 12 mths - TOTAL price £269) or not having multiroom £199 bos and £60 fitting - TOTAL price £259), then I could get an extra subscription for £10 for the WHOLE year, AND have the box relocated for me, and then have a SKY card to view the free channels after I cancel multiroom after 12 months.

HELP........ PLEASE advise.

2. Member 231429

Member 231429

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    £10 extra subscription per month gives you a second card with an identical package to you main set up.

Sky will run a double cable to your Sky + box and a single cable to wherever you want your second box installing. There is no cabling from box to box, it all comes from the dish.

Bear in mind that you will also need telephone sockets for both boxes.

Each box is independent and you can watch whatever you want on each box subject to your main subscription.

All in all the extra £10 is worth it if you have children who are predominantly watching children's tv all the time.