sky multiroom and loft box

BigScreenAl

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm having sky+ and multiroom installed in the next couple of days. I have a global communications loft box. I wondered if its possible to distribute two seperate sky channels around the house.

So I was thinking, take the RF Out from the two sky boxes, route them up to the loft box, sky+ goes into one of the loft box inputs. RF Out from the second box goes into another of the inputs ?? (which one ?)

I have no intentions (yet) of using a terrestial signal ...

Any help much appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Paul

:confused:

I managed something similar,
rf 2 out from sky box 1 into return on loftbox,use one of the outpus on the loftbox back down to sky box 2 rf input, then rf2 out into cctv feed on loft box ,or i used a seperate amp to send it to two seperate tv's.
This gives 2 seperate sky channels on these tv's.not sure what will happen when you use the digilink though :D

I feed the terrestial aerial into the multiroom and then got a sky plus combiner from cpc to feed both rfout 2's from each box into the aerial input socket of my slx 8 way dist amp. have sky and sky + on every tv in the house amd tv link works fiem on sky and sky +

Check out satcure.co.uk and letsautomate.com, both sites run through how to connect Sky+ multiroom using the loftbox. Very simple including diagrams!

What if they are both sky+ boxes?
It might change both boxes together via the remote using a sky+ combiner.

it will. BUT I read somewhere that you could try using polarising filters. youd need two remotes. you would use vertical filters to cover the handset and remote sensor of the sky+ intheh room you were sitting in. and then horizontal to cover the hanset and tveye. In theory this would stop the signal passing thru. Havent tried it if anyone does let me know.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom