Sky+ Multiroom and Labgear MRX352 AV Distribution Amp

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by NickLovett, Nov 20, 2004.

1. NickLovett

NickLovett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currently have standard Sky Digital running through a Labgear MRX352 installed in my loft and pumping out the Sky feed to multiple rooms in my house. I am now due to have Sky+ multiroom installed next week and was wondering the best way to introduce this new system into the Distribution system. I was hoping to be able to distribute both the existing Sky digital feed and the Sky+ feed via the Labgear MRX352. Is this possible and would anyone be able to offer any advice on this subject. I am happy to purchase some new kit to add to the system.
    Thanks
    Nick

2. SimonO

SimonO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    The simplest way is two have the Sky and Sky+ boxes in the same location and run four outputs from a quad LNB (one spare) to this point, then run the RF2 outputs from the two boxes through a Global Sky+ combiner up to you're existing distribution amp (if it works with Sky it will also work with Sky+)... All you'll then need to do is set the Sky+ box (via the installer menu) to a different unused channel, say 65 and re-tune your TV's... You'll also need additional Sky+ remotes!!!

http://www.tvlink.co.uk/combiner.htm