Sky Multiroom Advice / Help

essexboy

Standard Member
Hi All

So last week I decided to order Sky Multiroom to be installed into our bedroom. Having seeked advice about whether you need a phone line or not I proceeded to spend a good few hours over lifting carpet and installed a nice new phone socked in the bedroom.

As we live in a townhouse from previous experience I knew to advise Sky that we would require the high installations team.

So this afternoon (3pm) an engineer comes out has a look and says he cannot do it because it is to high for the health and safety policy! So I am fuming this is the high installation engineer. He says he would beed to go on the roof and it is sloped so he can't, pointing out that when we had hd installed in the lounge they managed to chuck the cable over the roof.

So he leaves Sky then call to say that I need to seek an independent installer to do it or they can request an engineer from this firm to come out again and see what happens. So she refunds the £60 installation fee but says she is not allowed to refund the £49 for the box and I would need to speak to cancellations. Now I am really fuming!

So what should I do? Was the engineer being lazy because it was 3pm and he didn't want a big job? Shoukd I request another engineer?

I am not going the independent route it costs twice as much.

Or shall I just get a video sender connect it to my Sky HD box and forget Multiroom?

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Paul

MartinPickering

Sky then call to say that I need to seek an independent installer to do it
Sounds like you have no choice if Sky can't/won't do it. Get a reliable independent to do it and DON'T allow them to simply chuck a cable of the roof. That's a recipe for problems.

logiciel

Or shall I just get a video sender connect it to my Sky HD box and forget Multiroom?
Any advice appreciated
My advice is that I'd do just that!
I can never see the point in paying £10 or £20 a month just for watching a different channel in another room, and that applies all the more to any installation charges such as those you're contemplating.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom