sky multi room

chr18_8

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi all.

my dad has normall sky in the lounge and im wanting sky+ in my bedroom.

from the website its £75 for the box and £60 installation for existing customers.

our current lnb only has one outlet so this will need to be changed to a quad. do sky charge your for the new lnb or is it included?

is the above price (£75 for box and £60 installation) a good deal? or is there any upcoming deals that any of you know about?

thanks

also what boxes are the using and what ones the better one?

last thing, does anybody know the measurements of the different boxes? as im quite limited on space

thanks
chris

The £60 installation fee includes a new quad LNB and cabling.
You could always source the box yourself and fit and install the LNB but, unless you're confident paying an independent to do the work could easily cost the £60.

Check on manufacturers sites for the size of boxes, but I did find this

# Pace Sky+ Box v1: 422 x 355 x 74 mm
# Pace Sky+ Box v2: 380 x 243 x 72 mm
# Sky 160 Box: 360 x 242 x 68.5 mm
# Thomson Sky HD Box: 380 x 243 x 72 mm

Remember to leave sufficient ventilation space or the box could overheat and the fan may run constantly

thanks.

whats the best box to try and get? ive heard thenewest pace is best.

thanks.

whats the best box to try and get? ive heard thenewest pace is best.

Sometimes/mostly it seems to be a case of what's on the van

Sometimes/mostly it seems to be a case of what's on the van

We went through all 3 on our installation date!

We've just had a new pace (Sky+ HD) box installed. However it was the 3rd box as the first 2 were faulty :eek:

e first connected up a Thomson box, that didn't work, went out to the van and came back in with a Samsung and that didn't work (the response from the remote to the box was slow or didn't work), so 3rd time lucky the Pace worked :D. He was confident that the Pace would work as it arrived on a new batch. He had loads of boxes in his van. He was a nice installer, changed all the cabling over and changed a couple of bits on the dish. He left his mobile number so that we could call him with any problems instead of calling Sky :thumbsup:

thanks.

we had a good sky person finding a problem on our sky box/dish/cable.

the 1st one changed just the box to a 2nd hand box/refurbished. the 2nd man who came (1 week later) changed the lnb, cable and gave us a brand new box. so i surpose it depends on who you get

I even offered him crumpet for breakfast :D

This is turning into "Confessions of a Satellite Dish Installer". Did your husband come home and catch him hidden in the wardrobe without his trousers on?

This is turning into "Confessions of a Satellite Dish Installer". Did your husband come home and catch him hidden in the wardrobe without his trousers on?

lol

i might even run the cable in for him.

need to move my bed and my 4ft fish tank to get to it and im not having twin coax run along skirting boards. also need to put the phone point in so no extra hassle.

this along with a few cuppa's should go down well then

You know how the £60 included a quad lnb, has anyone had an octo lnd installed? we have used 3 of the 4, and are wanting another sky+ box.

You know how the £60 included a quad lnb, has anyone had an octo lnd installed? we have used 3 of the 4, and are wanting another sky+ box.

Providing all boxes are subscription an octo will be fitted - it would be best to warn the Sky sales people when phoning that an octo will be required as installers do not always carry them on their vans.

Providing all boxes are subscription an octo will be fitted - it would be best to warn the Sky sales people when phoning that an octo will be required as installers do not always carry them on their vans.

do the fitters normally call you the day before or something then? as if they do i could ask nicely for a certain type of box if there nice?

do the fitters normally call you the day before or something then? as if they do i could ask nicely for a certain type of box if there nice?

if you have an AM call-out, the engineer may call the night before or alternatively he'll call during the morning to give you an ETA. I dont think it would hurt to express your preference. When our engineer turned up he said he had "loads" on his van.

We have the original box and 4 multirooms, never been charged for fitting them at all.

Sky fitters have always been amazing for us, routing cables up through the loft and down inbetween walls (had pull through cables there already after putting in cat5). Sounds like if you get a guy in a sky van they are good and will do anythin to help but if you get a contracter they try to do as many jobs as possible for the $$$ so you get whats quickest/easy.

on another note, two of our boxes are not connected to the phone line and we've never had any letters?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom