Sky!! Mucked up my viewing cards!

gangst

Standard Member
Hi,

Today I got Sky HD installed by an independant retailer. However, I had sourced the box myself.

The installer rang me up last night and told me to ring Sky and upgrade my Sky package to Sky HD, I rang up Sky and was told they couldn't upgrade my package as the old Sky card which was in my Sky digi box needed to be paired with the new HD box. OK. The Sky bloke then asked me if I was having multiroom, I said yes, so he said the new card would be dispatched for multiroom.

So today the installer calls round, all is going hunky dorey until he rings Sky to upgrade my old card. Sky said they couldn't upgrade the old card because it would have to stay with the old digi box and I'd have to wait for the new card to go in the HD box! So I was annoyed, at the moment the old card is in the HD box, but I can't get any HD channels, no sports or movies!
And I've got to wait for this stupid new card, BBC HD Preview is boring now!!

Is this correct what Sky have done or did my installer just get a lazy person on the phone at Sky? Should I wait for the new card to come probably tommorow or ring them up and try to get them to upgrade my package on the old card?

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom