1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ & Moving Home

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by wardster, May 5, 2005.

1. wardster

wardster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have a standard Sky box and pay £33 p/m

I want Sky+ but cant see why existing customers (10yrs+) should have to pay £199 + £60 installation.

However, i am moving house in the next month and am going to cancel Sky in the next week then take a new subscription in the new house for £99.

Has anyone does this and can you get away with it?

2. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    I've gone back to SKY spceifcally for + after moving house and running cable for a while and got the deal for £99 as a new customer, BUT the gap was over two years and iirc someone did state that less than two years might've been a problem.

To be honest though, once you've moved I don't see how they'll know anyawy as plenty of people have the same name? Failing this you could maybe get it in someone elses name?

ALI

3. Boy Lex

Boy Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    give it a go, but i'd take your old kit with you... that way if they say no, you can still get your account moved and pay the moving house reinstallation fee (unless you feel confident enough to do it yourself).

4. Sutty

Sutty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We did, and just to be on the safe side, my other half took out the subscription instead of me. We've been in 6 months without any problems. The installation engineer seemed pretty surprised we'd never had it before though!