1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Movies sound problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Stereo Steve, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Having my first experience of the notorious DD dropout on Movies 1. Watching Final Fantasy at the mo and it's constantly dropping out.

Anyone know whats happening about this? Also is this a problem thats confined to V2 boxes or do owners of the original Sky+ box get it too? I ask as my current Sky+ box will soon become a mirror box on the office and a new one will be purchased for the living room. Wondering if I should source a second-hand V1 box as that is where I will be watching most movies.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Not had the audio problems with DD movies others have mentioned with the exception of "From Hell" which as far as I am concerned is a problem with the source material.

3. coolcat

coolcat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have the V1 box and suffer the sound dropouts when watching flims shown in DD 5.1. I complained to Sky back in May and I'm still waiting for it to be sorted out.

4. bob mushroom

bob mushroom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    yep v1 suffers - so far from hell, final fantasy and star wars aotc
    I'll be ringing sky tomorrow to cancel movie subscription as sub standard

5. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    FF was the first time I have experienced it in a month of having Movies. I have heard a fix will be sent out in December but, knowing Sky, that may be February at least.

It's not too much of a problem as they show the same 5 films over and over so you can always catch it later (dig dig).

6. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Oh well it was good while it lasted.
    I got the dredded audio drop outs on the 12.30am screening of SW EpII this morning, on the DD audio, DS/Stereo and via the optical/phono and scart outputs.
    Only happeneded 3 times in the first 20 mins or so but there was a technical fault at around 75 mins so didn't watch the whole movie.
    Kinda dispells my theory that my version1 box was immune and it was a selective users hardware issue, certainly looks like a OS bug or problem with the playout hardware.

7. Starkiller

Starkiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think I had the same problem with sky+, SWII on Movies 1 kept losing sound, but it was ok on 3

other movies have been ok so far......

8. Pug72

Pug72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    I have a V1 box and get the drop out too.

9. scorpio

scorpio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had Sky+ for 18mths now (V1 obviously) and have been very lucky not to have experienced these sound problems. I specifically recorded 'From Hell' the other night to see if I could force a fault. My Sony AV system seemed to work fine - I watched th emovie to the end and really enjoyed it in glorious DD 5.1 with no dropouts. There are obviously difficulties in this area and I know Sky read these forums and those on Digital Spy so posting probs and 'no probs' may help with debug.

Rgds,
    Scorp.

10. teef2

teef2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Star Wars Episode II was unwatchable on Saturday night due to dropout. This was on Movies 1 not the multiscreen on Movies 3.

DD gave no sound whatsoever and Stereo kept switching off. Corrected itself sometimes but also corrected if I switched channels and back again.

Never known this to happen before and am a bit disappointed with Sky over this.