Sky Movies Snowflake trigger warnings.

Buckster666

Ex Member
Reaction score
Because everything is racist and problematic these days. Sky movies have started to add trigger warnings to films.

Ea04_uJWkAMDjAM.jpeg

Ea028uYXkAcce6f.jpeg

Ea02mtgWkAgD6x6.jpeg

Ea01pLlWoAIHlu9.jpeg

The warnings seem OK to me. However, if that then results in content being sanitised, then that's wrong. You can't change the past by trying to cover things up. Attitudes and values change, but by hiding the past you remove the opportunity to learn from it.

Clem

It isn't that the warning is offensive, they are unnecessary. Plus as we have seen over the last weeks, this leads to content removal.

Offensive must be the most over used word in modern times. So much so, it has watered down the true meaning to an eye rolling sigh.

How does it in any way affect your viewing of the content?

I find it offensive that there has barely been any protest against the Government of a particular country that has crippled the entire world.
;)

As pointless a move as it is, I'm not sure it's worth getting angry about... they have 'read the room' so to speak and as a huge business corporation they've just overreacted without thinking whether what they have done actually makes sense! Within a matter of months when this cultural moment has subsided, they'll realise no one was ever that offended, realise how silly they've been and quietly (and sheepishly) change it back to normal when no one is watching.

I’m not against the warning on content, but I suggest moving forwards it needs to be a symbol, like 12,15,18, etc.with the standard explanation. When Disney+ launched it had a warning against some content, that was well-displayed. But what Sky have done here is extremely heavy-handed with an over-long paragraph, almost completely replacing where the movie synopsis should be and in most cases smothering it.

I had no idea they'd just put a generic warning on everything. It's a bit ridiculous given the diversity of films like Tropic Thunder, Aliens and The Goonies.

I highly doubt anyone will take much notice anyway.

I think films have had their day with woke Hollywood,how are they going to cover historical movies and dramas etc,I know rewrite history.
Gone are the days of someone having an idea or vision,director's are going to have make sure the cast is diverse enough and 50/50 male/female before they start.
And they’ll still manage to offend someone.

Not sure if many saw this article. The comments on the article are not favourable, but I think this topic is going to run and run.

And suggestion here that the Oscars will now have strict ‘representation and inclusion’ standards for its film nominations eligibility.

So where are the warnings on all the super hero/franchise movies saying it will make you brain dead and have tunnel vision.

Pathetic. As if that changes anything. It's like these people trying to re-write history. You can't change the past, only learn from it. To my mind, this sort of thing is actually a form of discrimination. There is such a thing as the 'off' button if you don't want to watch, or go and pick something else to watch. I don't have any problems with warnings advising that the content in question was made when differing views prevailed, but this sort of censorship is unacceptable. How dare these people, whoever they are, decide what I can and cannot watch, based on a view or set of values that may not align with mine?

We're rapidly heading towards sanitised pap, where you will never be able to watch anything that shows non-white people in a bad light, where news broadcasts will be carefully worded not to mention anyone's ethnicity or skin colour. The real world isn't like that, however much people want it to be. I abhor all forms of discrimination, but attempting to sanitise or alter the past isn't the answer. It needs to be part of the debate.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom