1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Movies - Saturday Premiers

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by cittauk, Jul 15, 2003.

1. cittauk

cittauk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

Hope this is the correct area to post this question/rant regarding the frequency of movies shown on Sky.

This has probably been niggling me for months, but why do Sky only seem to show the Saturday Premier once, then drop it from the schedule for a week?

I contacted Sky today and have been informed that Sky subscribers were complaining in their droves about the same movies being repeated on the movie channels. Now, I fully appreciate that there are too many repeats (“Troop Beverley Hills” seems to jump out every other day!) - but surely the brand new releases still warrant a few repeats during at least the 1st couple weeks. Also, repeating the films at different times made it easier for me, as a shift worker, to catch a film at a time that suited me.

Now the dumb part, has this been going on for months? If so, then I will drop the movie channels as I obviously don’t watch them!

Oh, and yes I know I could record the film, but that just ended up with a pile of plastic at the TV.

Cheers