Sky Movies half price for 6 months

Steve Kelly

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just got an email offer through, amongst others was 'Movies for £8.25 a month for 6 months'... that's got to be worth it, right?

I purged Movies and Sports earlier last year on a 'monthly costs cutting' exercise.
Haven't missed the Sports, but think I have the Movies!

Anyway, given the plethora of other options available these days, £8 a month is still pretty good for Sky Movies, isn't it?

It's not bad, but it's often offered, and doesn't include the HD channels.

Nevermind, I see what the deal is now. £6 is for the movies package, but you need the HD package too.. I guess that was your point.
I have the HD package already, so hopefully that means just need to get Movie package.
Thanks for the info

FYI folks, I chatted with advisor on Sky online chat and he offered me the deal for £3 a month for 6 months for the Movies package. No contract. They just need a months' notice for cancelling the Movies.
And since I already have the Sky+ HD & 3D packages, I'll get all that anyway.
I accepted!

So it would be worth a try on the online chat if you're in a similar position to me.
Cheers.

Hold the phone, batman.. it doesn't include the HD movie channels, the Sky+ HD package I have is just the family package apparently. So the online advisor advised me wrong!
On the phone to them now to cancel the Movies.
Sorry if caused any ill-founded excitement!

Hold the phone, batman.. it doesn't include the HD movie channels, the Sky+ HD package I have is just the family package apparently. So the online advisor advised me wrong!
On the phone to them now to cancel the Movies.
Sorry if caused any ill-founded excitement!

Steve, if you have time to spare, you may wish to take a look at this thread to get an idea of the Plethora of deals available. Most of them entail a threat to cancel Sky first though or sometimes actually going through with a cancellation.

Graham.

The offer is for films at 8.50 with an extra 5.25 for the HD films.
If I'd been online I could have saved you the ups and downs!
You should now be paying 28.00 for the channels other than sports and films, plus 5.00 for their HD versions and of course including the part-time 3D channel part of the time!
It's a standard offer but its always worth trying for something better.
The details are usually present at MySky but can often be changed.

Last edited:
You have to smile at Sky's reasoning sometimes, I'm currently on the Sky Family Pack at 50% off for 12 months promotional contract & get offered Sky Movies at half price But heres the catch; It will cost me an extra £24 odd per month to take them up on the half price offer! why? because to get it I have to pay the full price for the package so why send me the offer, would anyone really take it up? lol

Reasoning doesn't come into it!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom