SKY Movies for a £1 offer error

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by pwood, Sep 21, 2007.

1. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    I took the upgrade to sky movies for 3 months for a £1 a month offer which is due to finish next Monday and see on my account for September I'm being charged £44. Now I only have two mixes and HD so should be £27 I think. I'm wondering if a credit will be applied before the due date on 01st October as looking at august's bill there is a mulitude of credit and debits before arriving at the correct amount. I'd call Sky to confirm but 0870 and waiting times are hard going.

Can anyone else who took Sky up on this offer check their bill. I kinda thought there would be an issue at the end of this but was curious as to how much I would watch the HD movie channels and this offer was the ideal way of finding out.

BTW I'm revering back to basic package + HD sub as I'm not paying all that extra for movies when all I really want is the HD ones. Sky should offer HD movies as part of the £10 sub or for a small additional amount.

2. CaffeineJunkie

CaffeineJunkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Two mixes + HD is £27 but have you already told them that you dont want the movies?

You've already said that you took their offer of Movies for £1 per month for three months, and those three months are now up. They don't cancel the movie subscription automatically. You will still be on the movies package (hence the £44 bill) I couldnt tell you how it works without seeing the bill but that is probably your bill for next month.

If you want to reduce your package you're going to have to call them.

3. pwood

pwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +178
    Yes I know I have to call them but September is the last month of the offer and I was told I did not require a months notice to revert back. I only had to phone to cancel by 24/09. Hence the query.

I'll likely phone tonight and just wanted to know how others who took up offer got on.

4. Sandy13

Sandy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Have a look at saynoto0870.com and find a cheaper number, I use 01506831781, as my phone package gives me free calls to 01 & 02 numbers, but I believe they are cheaper than 0870 anyway.:smashin: