• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

SKY MOVIES 9 HD No Sat Signal??

mickbirch2000

Tried to watch Valiant in HD but getting message "NO SATELITE SIGNAL RECEIVED". All other channels ok, also notice on the now/next info at 6.40 says "Pin protection on Sky movies 9". What is that telling me? I have done a re-boot of the box & I can now watch it but still have the message about pin protection on now/next banner.
This Pin protection is a pain in the arse, for people that dont need it! Cummon Sky give us the option to switch it off altogether.
Mick:mad:

J Roadley

I get random "No signal received" on a few channels... leave it for 30-40 seconds and the screen comes to life!

CG121

mickbirch2000 said:
Tried to watch Valiant in HD but getting message "NO SATELITE SIGNAL RECEIVED". All other channels ok, also notice on the now/next info at 6.40 says "Pin protection on Sky movies 9". What is that telling me? I have done a re-boot of the box & I can now watch it but still have the message about pin protection on now/next banner.
This Pin protection is a pain in the arse, for people that dont need it! Cummon Sky give us the option to switch it off altogether.
Mick:mad:
You may have a storm overhead that has interrupted the signal, or perhaps the software has crashed (or is in the process of crashing) causing an incorrect message..

The 6:40 pin protection message sometimes appears between films when SM9 and 10 plays adverts prior to the next film (which in this case would've been Kinsey at 6:45)

You'll see that message at 5pm before the 2 channels start up too.

Gilly!

The PIN protection 'program' just reminds everyone that Sky PIN protect any film rated 15 or above that they show before the watershed - it is a pain when the house only has responsible adults in (and me!) and I don't know of any way of turning it off.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom