Sky+ moved to new house - no phone yet!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by firecrest, Oct 20, 2005.

1. firecrest

firecrest
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, I'm moving in the next few days. Organised Sky to install the new dish and i'll take my existing Plus box over. Sky been quite good and arranged the install next week, plus no moving fee.

The house is a new build and BT can't get the new phone line installed for another three weeks. Question is should ring sky and let them know, or just play dumb and try to get the engineer to install it anyway. I've done a search and understand it can be installed without a phone line. I have no problem connecting it once BT line installed.

Can't face the prospect of no tv for two weeks, plus just brought a new Sharp 37" P50 lcd, hence plenty of testing need doing!!!!

2. dkboy22

dkboy22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would just let them install it and plead ignorance!! :rolleyes:
    BTW What do you think of your new 37" P50?

3. firecrest

firecrest
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I was thinking the same, didn't want to get a stroppy engineer and get charged for an aborted call out.

Not had much of a chance to test it. Took it out of box just to make sure its working, connected my old Toshiba DVD player. Picture looks good, but can't give any useful info as only standing about 4ft away. Had problems getting the componet connection working, but more of a problem with the dvd I think.

4. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unless you get a subbie that's having a bad day there shouldn't be a problem. We do loads of house moves where the phone line hasn't yet been conected.As long as you intend to have it done the guy that turns up should put everything in.

5. firecrest

firecrest
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for that useful info, very helpful. The installs on a Sunday, so not sure if sub contractors used on the weekend. Hopefully one less thing to worry about.

Cheers

6. Billy C

Billy C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    So will, Some won't.
    If its an easy job they might consider it but if its a nightmare then No Chance.

7. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    mebbe if u tell sky you are having a phone line installed in a few weeks and are happy to fax copies off your BT agreement as proof they might say no probs and tell the engineer not to worry when he turns up and finds no phone line.....after all, if you dont connect it they will still charge you lots more money regardless...lol

8. firecrest

firecrest
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I'll take may chances, I'm sure they've come across this situation many times with people moving.

"If you don't connect it they will still charge you lots more money regardless" I have every intention of connecting it, even if i didn't why would I get charged lots regardless???