SKY+ modem failure

witters

It would appear that the modem has failed on one of my Sky+ boxes. I got the "line not connected" letter from Sky and have checked the line itself and there is no problem. Seeing as how it's £60+ for an engineer is there a diy fix for this please?

Starburst

Novice Member
If both boxes are able to see a phone connection and make contact with SKY's server for looking at the statement then the problem is likely to be at SKY's end, you have tried them both?
I wouldn't consider paying SKY for a call out if you know your boxes and phone points are working correctly, you have to tell them this though so they can check their end.

Starburst

Novice Member
The box says that the "telephone line is not connected"

Fair enough:)

For the call out charge SKY will replace the faulty box, you'll probably get a refurb. I'm not in a position to say if there is any easy diy fix but I would assume with a bit of knowledge and soldering expertise the unit could be replaced if isn't a fully integrated component on the main board.

You could tell SKY you are going to cancel multiroom due to the cost of a repair, they may offer a free call out to keep the £120 a year income.

fireflybubble

Novice Member
If you want to test the modem,you may want to try the following
goto QVC,
press the red button,
Select the product search, type in a number (say the number of the item that they are showing) and press select.
Your box should then dial QVC (which is a freephone number) and it will try and find the item you have requested. If it comes up with item details then you know the modem is working in your sky box and you can the exit QVC active and you do not have to buy anything.:thumbsup:
Hope this is of any use.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom