1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ mirroring

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by warne, Aug 1, 2001.

1. warne

warne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to the "news" item posted yesterday, your existing box can be used in tandem with a Sky+ box for full access in another room for £12.<br />To quote Sky :"£12 is a flat-rate fee to mirror your existing subscription on the second box".

The question is, if you only want the free-to-air channels in another room, not your full subscription, will you still have to pay £12?<br />And how is the second box connected? Is it via a wireless link similar to that already available from Sky, or does it have to be hardwired?

2. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,796
    The mirroring is all done in the Sky card. i.e the second box and card you get will be enabled for whatever package you already have.<br />There is no physical connection between the two boxes.

The £12 rate only makes sense for anyone paying more than £12 for their existing, first subscription.

Otherwise you would just buy a second box as per today.

You wouldnt mirror a box with only FTA, you would just buy another box and get a FTA card for that too.

On the other hand, I understand that the 2nd box costs only £215 with the £12 sub (or you can keep your existing one when upgrading to Sky+). Which is cheaper than buying one normally I believe

3. warne

warne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But presumably both boxes run from the same dish/LNB - so the physical connection is at the dish rather than on the sky+ box? It would make little sense having a separate dish for each box.

Or is the "mirror" offer totally separate from Sky+ (which the previous message would seem to imply)?