Sky minibox - not impressed

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Nick Odgers, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Nick Odgers

Nick Odgers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have just arranged a second box to be installed,it is a minibox which is not very good, only one scart, no rgb etc., and to cap it all on the second day of use the adapter gave up the ghost! I decided to bring down and install my old Pace box which gives a much better picture. However I am getting phone line not connected message. I have checked with a phone and there is a dialling tone. The lead goes into the Pace box, ie no plug, is it likely to be a fault with the box? Sky will probably make a fuss as it is meant to be connected, although I don`t think my mother will be using interactive services at all!

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The minibox is supplied as standard when ordering from SKY for a second subscription but you could have asked for a standard digibox and paid the extra cost.
    You probably have a faulty modem in the digibox and SKY will make a fuss when they poll the mirror account and get no response from both boxes, might be a couple of months but if it's not rectified then expect to pay full price for the second sub.

3. Nick Odgers

Nick Odgers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    My main box, (a Sky +) is connected to a phone line. However will probably get another digibox from e bay, to save any hassle.