Sky Man

MrTibbs88

Established Member
Reaction score
Got the Sky engineer here as i type, he's installing HD multi room.

He has alot of can do's and can't do's, i had to go into the loft and pull cable through from the dish to the upstairs room. He's also bolted his ladder to the house and looks like he's more fit for climbing Everest with the amount of PPE on.
Hopefully he's finished the install before the Lions tour. I don't hold out much hope at this rate.

ask him if he can fit you an 8 way LNB.... if hes got one in his van ... comes in very handy!!!

Got the Sky engineer here as i type, he's installing HD multi room.

He has alot of can do's and can't do's, i had to go into the loft and pull cable through from the dish to the upstairs room. He's also bolted his ladder to the house and looks like he's more fit for climbing Everest with the amount of PPE on.
Hopefully he's finished the install before the Lions tour. I don't hold out much hope at this rate.

The PPE is a requirement of the company, if he falls and gets injured or worse how would you feel then?
Someone in my company died this week due to a fall from height.
There is always a reason for can and can't do's!

Just let him get on with it safely.

Martin

If you don't want bolts on your house, you have to get an independent installer to do it for you.

why would he bolt a ladder to the house

SKY installer put my dish about 4m high on the side of the house and drilled a hole directly below it into the first floor living room. Then attached a second cable to the outer wall which went round to the back of the house at the far side, at 4m high, then straight down to the ground floor and into the playroom, using a standard ladder and very little PPE.

I think EM told you (post #6).
Some jobs are simpler than they appear, some are worse.
It's not like you are paying by the hour.

why would he bolt a ladder to the house

SKY installer put my dish about 4m high on the side of the house and drilled a hole directly below it into the first floor living room. Then attached a second cable to the outer wall which went round to the back of the house at the far side, at 4m high, then straight down to the ground floor and into the playroom, using a standard ladder and very little PPE.

Congratulations , now consider the implications if the ladder had slipped , I came off a ladder at first floor height , trust me it really does hurt and no you can't do a thing about it ...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom