Sky magic eyes and amplifiers

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
No it does seem very unlikely. I was just clutching at straws really. If you do get it working then do let us know how. Could be handy to know what was wrong in case I run into problems in the future.

John1446

Novice Member
I certainly will .... like I've said ..at the moment the only solution .. or part solution seems to be to splice the coax together. Picture quality suffers slightly but remotes work.
I've tried it in 3 locations at the same time and I could possibly live with it. Just don't know if it'll work on locations 4 and 5 when they are up and running which is the reason I got the distribution amp (I recall you said the io link was ok for 4 tvs.
I'll solder the cables together to try and improve the picture.
I don't really want to do this and would like to know what the problem is which I'm realizing may not be possible the way things are looking.
Cheers Timmy

Timmy C

Distinguished Member
Yeah mine definitely worked with 4 TV's. It's a odd arrangement due to changing locations of things after extensions etc so I have Sky box in upstairs spare bedroom running to distribution amp in downstairs cupboard. From there the cables run to 3 downstairs rooms and one back up to master bedroom, with an eye on the end of all of them. Got the io link quite early on when Sky seemed to be pretty much the only place selling them after they initially ditched the RF2 port on the boxes. Was using up until about a year ago when I ditched it for the Omnilink instead but don't recall any problems with it working at all.

I don't see how this would be relevant but I've always used the eyes for remote control only. Picture is handled by HDMI splitters and Cat 5 extenders. I'm not certain that the coax cables are even connected to the TV's in all cases and even if they are, the analogue tuners aren't tuned to Sky. I really don't see why that would matter but I guess you could try disconnecting from the TV's and then see if the remotes will then power on/off the box. It wouldn't solve your problem of course!

Last edited:

John1446

Novice Member
Evening Timmy C and Rodders 53.
An update......... today I recieved another amp ... number 4. This was a Wolsely 6 way 334023 model. It works fine. Full remote control on all TVS and good picture and sound. I've used all the same cabling, same io link, same magic eyes and same remotes and televisions. So after 2 Proception amps and 1 Labgear I'm finally up and running. Why ... I haven't got a clue but there you go.
Thanks for both your suggestuons and attempting to assist.
Best wishes
John

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom