Sky Magic Eye Problems

andy1992

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Had a look at previous threads and definitive guide on magic eye but cant see an answer to my problem.

Sky + box being used. RF2 back to SLx Gold Dist Amp 8 way, then to 3 seperate tv's all with magic eyes. Picture and sound perfect. All magic eye's have red lights on but cannot change channels ( with any of the sky + controls only volume). One of the tvs of the three was working but has also recently stopped workinh as per other two. Had all cables out of tv's magic eyes and from the SLx in the loft but no joy. If channel is to be changed on any of the three tv's then this has to be done from the main tv with the sky+ box. Could it be there is a fault with the SLx, before i purchase another there may be a simple reason for this not working.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Use one of the Eyes and chase the fault from the back of the Sky box checking whether it works or not at every cable connection on the route to the bedrooms.

Hi,

So although picture and sound is great, could this mean that the connections are not great because i am unable to chnage channels etc. I thought that if picture and sound is perfect then connections were ok. Or am i wrong with this assumption??

I thought that if picture and sound is perfect then connections were ok. Or am i wrong with this assumption??

You are wrong I'm afraid. (Picture and sound reach your TV aerial without any wires or connectors..............)

I'm lost on some of the details, after reading them several times.:)
"3 seperate tv's....Picture and sound perfect" but "One of the tvs of the three was working but has also recently stopped workinh as per other two":confused:
"cannot change channels ( with any of the sky + controls only volume)" - what does "only volume" mean?
"If channel is to be changed on any of the three tv's" - is that the TVs' channel or the Sky channel?
"this has to be done from the main tv with the sky+ box" - which is it, the TV, or the Sky?

Hi,

Tv in main room which is connected to Sky + box.

3 further tvs in seperate rooms of which are connected to sky+ via SLx dist amp of which all three allow me to watch a perfect picture and sound as per what is being watched on main tv directly linmked to sky+ box.
The 3 tvs that are linked have magic eyes which show red but i cannot change the channels (sky channels) via these, this has to be done at the main tv in different room that is connected to Sky + box. One of the tvs with magic eye was allowing to change chanells but te other two did not. Now all three are not allowing to chnge channel. The only operation on these three tvs that works with Sky+ controls is the volume, which works the tv. The tvs on control works fine it is the sky opertaion of changing channels and accessing tv guide etc is issue.

Thanks

I understood the first time.........:laugh:

Thanks guys,

I will try first response given (chase fault back), and if no joy as i thought a faulty SLx perhaps.

One of the tvs with magic eye was allowing to change chanells but te other two did not. Now all three are not allowing to chnge channel.
S N: How does changing the TVs' channels come into this?;)

In the bit I quoted "One of the tvs with magic eye was allowing to change chanells".

In the bit I quoted "One of the tvs with magic eye was allowing to change chanells".

Where did "TV" channels come into this?

OK, gotchya......but you're stretching semantics a bit far. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's how I like them, well stretched.:laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom