Sky Magic Eye Not working

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by cR4cKF0x 5TevE, Mar 14, 2005.

1. cR4cKF0x 5TevE

cR4cKF0x 5TevE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +485
    Long story but have been trying to assist my ex-wife in setting up Sky in her bedroom as well as the living room.

Helpfully, her boyfriend has installed a (cheap) co-axial cable from her bedroom down into the lounge, though it is about 1 to 1.5m too short to plug direct into the RF 2 outlet on the Sky Box :oops: . Accordingly, he has sourced a very cheap coaxial connector and used it to 'extend' his cable installation with another piece of cheap and cheerful co-axial cable so that it plugs into the Sky Box :thumbsdow . The TV generates a signal upstairs, though I can't the Magic Eye to do anything (doesn't accept inputs from the second remote) :confused: .

I think that I may need to turn on the RF 2 power output through the services menu (services, 4, 0, 1, select, RF outlets etc.) though even when this is turned on is this likely to work? I am concerned that the cheap and cheerful connector won't enable a 'passthrough' of the DC to power the magic eye: is this likely to be the case?

2. kennysatman

kennysatman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes turn on the 2nd output power, it should work but if not check for shorts in the cable,also if you can get a voltage checker test the cable to see if 9 volts is getting to the other tv and take it from there.

3. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    Do a search and you'll find the answer to this one. I've answered it several times before.

You will need to crimp the centre of the coax plugs on both ends to ensure a good connection to the centre core of the coax. You may have perfect pictures but the 9V DC from the box will be missing if this connection isn't 100%.

You're welcome.

A. Dork

4. cR4cKF0x 5TevE

cR4cKF0x 5TevE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +485
    Kennysatman and ADork: many thanks to you both.

Turned on the RF outlet power and it still wouldn't work, so crimped the two coaxes together and everything now works fine.

Once again, many thanks.